11/6/11

Versatile Blogger Award


So I got this award the other day and am finally getting around to playing along. The rules are:

1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 blogs you enjoy reading.

I'd like to thank XLMIC at Taking It On for being nice enough to chose me AND for following my sad little blog. She is awesome and kinda famous so it really made my day to have her follow me :D

About me:

1. When I'm not running, researching about running, reading blogs and books about running or searching for a new race, I have another hobby to occupy my time. I am learning how to make jewelry. It's been a long time dream of mine and after stalking a high-school friend in her jewelry making, I decided to give it a go. I'm not very good at it since I don't have a lot of free time or money to dedicate to it, but each time I make a piece I get better (or at least learn something).

I made this!


2. As I get older I have become a big cry baby. I used to watch Last of the Mohicans every friday afternoon after cleaning house (for the better part of a year) and cried every time. I cry at cartoons. I recently started reading The Long Run (at work on my kindle app for iphone) and had to stop because I kept tearing up.

3. I have two birthdays! My brother and I are both adopted. Our parents got him three days after he was born, and got me two months after I was born. There was never any clear reason for the delay other than I was a church adoption and his was private. Anyway, every year on the day I was adopted I got a present, sometimes a cake! It had downgraded to a phone call now that I am an adult, but it was pretty cool while it lasted!

4.  Even though I am a pretty slow runner, I have a habit of driving really fast. I once got tickets on back to back days at the same location by the same cop. Now I have a fast car to go with my lead foot. So far only one ticket, but I have been pulled over several times and it seems like the reason is they wanted a better look at the car.

She does 11s in the quarter mile.
5. I hate the TV. Not completely just for day to day entertainment. I actually canceled the cable after it was unplugged for 6 months and no one complained. It's hooked up again thanks to my new in-law squatter and I remember why I hated it in the first place.

6. On the other hand, I love computers. I can spend the better part of a 10 hour work day on a computer and come home to go straight to my computer. Throw in my iphone and laptop and I am pretty much always online unless I am sleeping.

7. I totally suck at cooking, I'm not being harsh on myself, everyone agrees. I once made a box of brownies and couldn't figure out why the batter was so thick. I forgot the water. I can boil a noodle or rice like no other tho!

As it turns out I have 16 followers for my blog, so I tag all of you with the award! If you'd like to play along please do so, I'd love to know more about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment